- Bill Thies: When the alternative path is the right path.
MIT EECS Connector, Spring 2014.
- Meet this Bill from Microsoft.
The Hindu, November 21, 2013.
- Macarthur Fellowship, 2016.
- Manthan Award (Runner-Up), IVR Junction, 2013.
- Tech Challenge for Atrocity Prevention, IVR Junction, 2013.
- mBillionth Award (special mention), IVR Junction, 2013.
- Manthan Award, eCompliance (with Operation ASHA), 2011.
- mBillionth Award, eCompliance (with Operation ASHA), 2011.
- India eGov 2.0 Award, CGNet Swara, 2010.
- mBillionth Award, CGNet Swara, 2010.
- ACM SIGPLAN Doctoral Dissertation Award, 2009.
- How citizen journalism is giving voice to India's forgotten villagers.
The Citizen, March 19, 2015.
- CGNet Swara Mobile Application (Feature by Internet.org).
Internet.org India Summit, October, 2014.
In Jungles of India, New Phone App Helps Indigenous Tribes Embroiled in Maoist Insurgency.
National Geographic, September 27, 2014.
- Shubhranshu Choudhary: Giving a Voice to a Ravaged, Neglected Region.
National Geographic, June 2014.
Newsflash in dark spots.
Mumbai Mirror, March 29, 2014.
A Voice of Hope for India's Unprivileged.
Huffington Post, March 25, 2014.
CGNet Swara: Shifting the power of journalism to the mobile phone for Adivasis.
Mint, March 20, 2014.
Scripting Their Stories.
Indian Express, February 22, 2014.
Swara gives power to the voiceless.
Times of India, February 12, 2014.
Voices of India hit the airwaves.
NDTV, December 13, 2013.
- The new jungle drums.
The Hindu, November 12, 2013.
- CGNet Swara | Spreading a revolution with words.
Mint / Wall Street Journal, November 1, 2013.
- Citizen Journalism Grows in India's War-Torn Tribal Belt.
New York Times, October 2, 2013.
- How a Voice Portal Helped Spread Women's Tribal Stories in India.
PBS, August 5, 2013.
- A Mobile War Against The Naxals.
Tehelka, June 15, 2013.
- Let's call it.... journalism?
Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism, February 27, 2013.
- Now, CGNet makes daring foray into MP.
Hindustan Times, December 5, 2012.
- India's Mobile Phone News Agency.
Asia Calling, Sep 1, 2012.
- How a hack with MIT's technology is solving India's biggest internal security threat.
NextBigWhat, September, 2012.
- Banking on the phone.
Tehelka, Aug 27, 2012.
- Reaching out to tribal people.
The Hindu, Jun 26, 2012.
- Phone journalism gives a voice to India's rural poor.
CNN, February 22, 2012.
- CGNet Swara: The Rise of the Citizen-Journalist.
Mahindra Rise, Nov 29, 2011.
- Audio-Blogging From India's Maoist Heartland.
The Wall Street Journal, November 21, 2011.
- The "Missed Call" Revolution News and Justice for All
Public Global Health Network, November 17, 2011.
Columbia Journalism Review, September/October, 2011.
- Giving villagers a voice to spur change.
Mint, Sep 21, 2011.
- Mobiles deliver news in Chhattisgarh.
CXO Today, Aug 30, 2011.
- In their voice.
Frontline, Volume 28, Issue 16 (Jul 30 - Aug 12, 2011).
- Broadcasting Dantewada.
Himal Magazine, June, 2011.
Listen to my voice!.
BBC News, November 27, 2010.
- Voices in the wilderness.
The Hindu, July 4, 2010.
Bringing News to India's Poorest People.
The Atlantic, June 29, 2010.
- Media of the masses.
Business Standard, June 20, 2010.
- By the tribal, for the tribal.
The Telegraph, May 30, 2010.
- Ear to the mobile.
The Hindu Business Line, May 28, 2010.
- Phone media brings news to India's Maoist heartland.
Hindustan Times, May 14, 2010.
- Chhattisgarh tribals turn into reporters on cellphones.
Rediff News, May 14, 2010.
- India's neglected tribes gain voice in mobile news service.
Reuters, May 11, 2010.
India's neglected tribes gain voice in mobile news service.
Reuters, May 11, 2010.
- Chhatisgarhi Mobile Radio.
Open, May 8, 2010.
- A coming-out party.
Hindustan Times, May 5, 2010.
Mobile Phone-Based News System Gives Voice to Tribals.
IPS News, May 5, 2010.
Giving a voice to India's villagers.
BBC News, April 25, 2010.
- Mobile media venture gives voice to Gond tribals.
Indo-Asian News Service, April 18, 2010.
- Radio via phone helps link tribals.
Mail Today, April 6, 2010.
- India's Tribal Citizens Use New Cell Phone Technology to Produce Local News.
International Center for Journalists, March 25, 2010.
- A radio station not just for tribals, but of tribals.
NDTV, February 2010.
- News in dialects may soon be just a call away.
The Hindu, February 16, 2010.
- How IVR Junction bridges the technology gap for people lacking smartphones.
IJNet, September 18, 2013.
- IVR Junction: Connecting Unheard Voices to Global Social Media.
Huffington Post, August 8, 2013.
- A technology that helps bridge the digital divide.
Mint, June 30, 2013.
- The People Are Calling: Interactive Voice Services for Citizen Participation.
NDI Blog, March 20, 2013.
Technologies for Tuberculosis Treatment
- Microsoft Accelerate India: Technology For Growth.
CNBC, January, 2015.
- Microsoft Research Battles Tuberculosis in India.
TriplePundit, February, 2013.
Microsoft deploys biometric TB monitoring system.
Vaccine News, December, 2012.
Bill Gates tweet.
Battling Tuberculosis Through Microsoft Technology
Microsoft Press Release, December, 2012.
TB Tracker Halts Disease's Spread.
Discovery News, November, 2012.
Matching Realism with Aspiration: Challenges and Successes in the Use of Technology for Global Health.
National Bureau of Asian Research, December, 2011.
- Tackling TB with Technology.
The Guardian, November 23, 2011.
- Research for research's sake.
Business Standard, October 29, 2011.
- NGO uses biometrics to monitor TB patients.
Times of India, April 7, 2011.
Fighting tuberculosis in India's slums.
University of Chicago (Front Page), April, 2011.
- MIT Builds A Better Pillbox To Prevent Drug-resistant TB.
Boston Globe, March 17, 2008.
- Time To Take Your Medicine.
Mumbai Mirror, February 17, 2008
- A Smart Pillbox To Improve Medication Compliance.
Slashdot, February 9, 2008.
- Smart Pillbox Could Be A Lifesaver.
MIT News Office, February 6, 2008.
- Smart pillbox joins the fight against TB.
New Scientist, January 30, 2008.
- MIT honors humanitarian tech invention.
New York Times, May 3, 2007.
TEK Search Engine
- Nadia school opens qCard window.
The Telegraph, April 20, 2014.
- Indian Researchers Aim for Resource Efficiency.
Microsoft Research TechNet Blog, May, 2012.
New Apps for the Bottom Billion.
Technology Review, May, 2012.
- How Amazon Mechanical Turk Fails Low-Income Workers, and How It Can Succeed.
Fast Company Magazine, December, 2010.
- ICT research to boost India socio-economic development.
EE Times India, January, 2009.
- Simpler programming for multicore computers.
Technology Review, April, 2007.